Friday, November 21, 2008

Finally becoming a "Twilight" Fan



Ok. Ok. I get it. I get it. I finally get what all the talk is about. Twilight is awesome! However, I haven't quite gotten around to read the books yet. You are looking at a person who hasn't even finished reading Harry Potter either. I hope to have them all read by Jan. 1, 2009. I still have about 39 more days...right? And as soon as my brother's friend gives back my Twilight book I will start reading it. However this post is about my experience of having to get up and go wait in line really early in the morning with thousands of other people around the country to see the midnight showing of Twilight. I woke up at 4:50 a.m. on Thursday morning and left to get in line at the theater in my town thinking I would be maybe the sixth in line at least. Boy was I ever wrong. Turns out I was about the twentieth in line at about 5:10 a.m. The girls at the front of the line had gotten there around 1:30 a.m. Finally after waiting for about an hour and twenty minutes (about 6:30) we noticed the owner/manager was there and had started turning on all of the lights. Everyone then started getting up and somehow knew that he was going to open a half hour early. We were right. He had opened the doors at 6:31 on the dot. When I got to the door there was a sign posted on it saying that they were giving away signed "Host" books, which got everybody excited then. After standing in line maybe 5 minutes I had achieved what I went there to do. I got my midnight showing ticket.





Yes, it is a little wrinkled, but hey I was freezing standing in that very very long line later that night. After of course having to go to work for 3 1/2 hours and then having to race home and going to the movies with my family and seeing how long it was a 7:00 p.m. didn't surprise me after seeing Harry Potter with the same amount of people in line for that midnight showing was nothing. Then after coming out of my earlier movie and seeing how long the line was then and how cold the weather was started to put doubts in my head. Like maybe I should have waited until Saturday to see it. We went home and I grabbed a quick bite to eat (2 grilled cheese sandwiches) and set out for the now really long line. I wasn't even there 20 minutes when the line started moving (this is the reason why my ticket is kind of wrinkled). While we were staning there freezing, a lady walked by and handed out plastic vampire teeth to go along with the movie. Some people already had them in thier mouth with in seconds of receiving them.




Then we got word of when we got to the door we had to have our tickets in hand and they would also give us a blue ticket and they were going to be holding a drawing for 2 books. One was "The Host" signed by Stephanie and the other was a movie guide book about the movie. After filing through the doors every one immediately started for theater 2 to find seats. I had chosen one in the second row on the end on the righthand side. I was there for about 30 minutes when Allison, an honorary member of my stake singles branch asked me if I would switch seats so a mother and her 30 year old daughter could sit together because it was her birthday and I said sure. I only move one row back and then I soon found out that the couple I was sitting by and the mother of the girl who had just turned 30 had been drinking before coming to the movie. I didn't mind that and I didn't mind me having to move down 2 more seats due to the fact that the guy I was sitting by had a severe case of claustrophobia. As it turns out I had a better seat and didn't have to crank my head to the left anymore. Then at about 11:45 p.m. they held the drawings and then quickly started the show afterwords. However, I was one of those unlucky ones who didn't win.





I really enjoyed to movie and my favorite part of the movie is the "So the lion fell in love with the lamb" part. I also enjoyed watching Edward and Bella and how they couldn't stop eachother from leaving one another. And I thought Robert did a good job playing Cedric Diggory...


































2 comments:

angelicindy said...

so fun!!! i think i'll wait until the craziness dies down a little before i go the movies. i'm not as brave or as tough as you are :).

Mindy H. said...

You are so brave! I loved the books but my dislike of people, people in lines, people sitting too close to me in movie theaters, and attending movies where blood is involved without haveing been warned in advance when to go getpopcorn overweighed my desire to see the movie on opening night. I will see it in IF over Thanksgiving and then we can have a serious discussion!